A Guide to Buying Centaure EXPERTO Mini Scaffold
Posted by Mark Hunter - April 24, 2012
With you people in mind, Toolstop is pleased to present you with this short #DIYTradetips guide to Centaure's EXPERTO mini scaffold.
Straight off the bat, here's the spec that you're going to need to know.
- Max load capacity (kg): 150
- Height of the scaffolding platform (m): 0.30/0.60/0.90
- Max working height (m): 2.30/2.60/2.90
- Width (mm): 40
- Section width inclusive castors (m): 0.73
- Weight (kg): 14.7
- Total Shipping Weight: 17kg
Let's break those stats down.
First off, the Centaure EXPERTO is robust. It's going to handle weights of up to 150kg. In old money, that's around 23 stone. That's due to the NF 8 85-200 rated construction.
So, even if you've been going a bit crazy on the steak pies at lunchtime, it's likely the EXPERTO will be able to hold your weight, plus that of your kit. But please check with your bathroom scales first.
The EXPERTO can be used in one of 3 variable heights, broken up in 30cm (1 foot) sections. These heights allow you to work from 2.3m to 2.9m. So, at it's highest configuration, the EXPERTO will take you up to roughly 10 feet off the ground.
Getting up to that height is easy thanks to the crimp-resistent non-slip treads. And safety is key, courtesy of the EXPERTO's diagonal braces, each fastened by screws and butterfly nuts.
Speed is of the essence
One of the great features of the EXPERTO is how easily and quickly you can adjust the height you're working at.
The best way to describe how quickly this can be done is to show you our demo video.
Maximum working height and safety asides, we reckon there are two main advantages to owning Centaure's EXPERTO mini scaffold.
- it comes pre-assembled. Let's face it, it would be a nightmare trying to build up something like this yourself. But you don't have to. Straight out of the packaging the EXPERTO is ready to use on the job site
- it's easy to transport. Centaure have been able to keep the weight of the EXPERTO to under 15kg. So, you simply pick it up and move it where you want it to be on the job site, check out our video for details
In summary then, if you're a tradesperson who regularly works at heights up up to around 10 feet, you want access equipment that is accessible and easy to use, we recommend you take a close look at the Centaure EXPERTO mini scaffold.
Let us know what you think in the comments or on Twitter!
blog comments powered by Disqus