Buying Saws - Toolstop's Guides to Powered Saws
Posted by Mark Hunter - April 26, 2013
Anyone who uses any kind of saw will love our guides to everything to do with cutting!
First up, circular saws.
We've got a guide that walks you through what you need to know about circular saws before you add them to your shopping cart. Click here to see the range we stock.
In the guide you'll learn all about:
- Cutting Capacity, Cutting Depth and Bevels
- Speed and Control
- Extra Features
Circular & Mitre Saw Blades
Once you've bought your new circular saw, you need to think about blades.
Choosing the correct blade for your saw is essential. Click here for our guide to buying circular and mitre saw blades.
Knowing which blade is best for the application you're working on will help you work smarter, faster and better. We stock a huge range of saw blades, click here for more info.
Different circular saw blades will perform different types of cut, our guide helps you with:
Very course cut
- fast rip cuts and cross cuts in softwood, hardwood, raw chipboards and formwork boards
- rip and cross cuts in softwood, hardwood, raw chipboards, formwork, boards and plywood
- cross cuts in softwood, plywood, wood core plywood, chipboards laminated on one side, and parquet
Very fine cut
- cross cuts in softwood, hardwood, plywood, wood core plywood, parquet, fibre materials and MDF
We also cover mitre saws and how to choose the best one for the jobs you're working on most. Click here to see the range of mitre saws we stock.
Recips saws (sabre saws) are big favourites on all jobsites, especially when it comes to ripping out windows, doors, framework etc. Click to see the range we stock.
In our buying guide you'll learn, among other things, how to choose a recip saw based on the spec and features that will help you work to capacity, plus the extra wee features that will make using your new recip saw a joy. Click here for more info.
Like recip saws, no professional tradesperson's kit is complete without one. We've got several articles designed to help you have the best experience with your jigsaw at work.
Click the images below to visit the guides.
Our range of guides and how-tos on jigsaws include how to quickly cut metal, click below to read about the cutting speeds and capacities of the Bosch GST25 M.
Keeping with the jigsaw theme, look out for the following helpful guides and articles:
- We put a Makita BJV180 LXT Cordless Jigsaw in the hands of a joiner, read his thoughts on how it performed
- We placed a DeWalt DW331K Jigsaw, a corded tool, in the hands of the same joiner. Click here to read his thoughts on it
- Jigsaws perform best when the correct pendulum setting is selected. Click here to read our guide to getting the most from orbital/pendulum action jigsaws
Let us know what guides you'd like to see us writing about, or making videos on! We'll do our best to help you out. Use the comments section below.
And remember to share this article using our Share buttons!
blog comments powered by Disqus