Leica DISTO DXT; IP65 rated and we prove it.
Posted by Mark Hunter - July 26, 2010
Following on from Friday's podcast where we heard from Lira Luis and Leica's Graham Reid about the Leica DISTO DXT laser meter, Toolstop's Craig Farrell takes us through an overview of the features of the product, plus demonstrates what its IP65 rating means.
Also available to watch on Metacafe and DailyMotion. Download and share the m4v or ogv file.
- Distance measuring from 5 centimetres to 70 metres
- Measurement accuracy within 1.5mm
- 4-line automatically illuminated display, capable of showing 4 distance measurements (or calculations) simultaneously
- Calculator functions for addition and subtraction of measurements or calculations
- Calculates areas and volumes
- Unique room calculation function, giving room perimeter, ceiling / floor area, total wall area, as well as room volume
- pythagoras function for remote measuring of heights or lengths
- laser can be switched to continuous, for quick measuring of a number of consecutive distances (this overrides the automatic switch-off)
- timer delayed measuring
- memory recall of the last 10 measurements or screen displays
- multi-functional end-piece folds out and locks in position, allowing accurate measurement from edges and corners
- when using the multi-functional end-piece, the DXT automatically senses the position of the end-piece and adjusts the measurement point accordingly
- Measurement is normally from the back of the unit, but can also be from the front
- Measurements can be displayed in metric or imperial units (choice of 6 options)
- An audible bleep (can be selected On/Off) confirms each key press, change of function and completion of the measurement process
- Automatic switch-off, laser after 1 minute, instrument after 3 minutes
- 3 year warranty (on registration)
- Shockproof and dustproof / waterproof to IP65
We think this is a great product and we're very impressed, not just by its features, but its robustness. It's available right now on Toolstop.
blog comments powered by Disqus