Toolstop Podcast #102 - The Future for CEL-UK
Posted by Mark Hunter - October 27, 2011
We chatted with Chris about:
- Multi2 Pro with the 10.8v lithium-ion battery, and how CEL are expanding the tools they manufacture that will run off of the 10.8v batteries, including a brand new impact driver outputting almost 100Nm of torque, which will be available naked and in a kit along with the Multi2 Pro
- also to compliment this CEL are producing a Xenon torch which will, again run off the 10.8v lithium-ion batteries
- and to further the 10.8v li-ion range from CEL are currently designing a jigsaw with an articulated head, allowing you to use it as a chop saw
- Chris says they hope to have around 8 power tools compatible with the Multi2 Pro's batteries
- CEL are also going after the pro market; but will you be prepared to give your Bosch or Makita for a pro CEL-UK power tool? Even if they come with a 2 year warranty
- Chris gives his opinion on "brand loyalty" and how that affects CEL's growth
- What markets influences CEL's product design? Chris tell us
- Accessibility is key to CEL's success, and Chris reveals how he feels about people just dropping into their office and warehouse
- Chris and CEL-UK were featured on BBC's "Dragon's Den". What happened once the cameras started rolling?
- We also take a close look at some of the professional rated power tools that CEL-UK are bringing to the market
- Finally, where will CEL-UK be in 5 years?
blog comments powered by Disqus