Toolstop Radio Edition 3 - Newcastle United and Makita Power Tools
Posted by Mark Hunter - March 29, 2012
It's Toolstop Radio and it's episode 3, coming "almost live" from Makita's UK HQ!
Mark was visiting Makita for a couple of days and you can keep up to date with his endeavours on Tooltop TV, check out our Makita channel here.
The easiest way to make sure you never miss an episode is to subscribe, for free, using iTunes. Simply click here!
If you're into RSS feeds, then click here.
If you're already listening via iTunes, do us a big favour and write a quick review...
Remember our hashtags! To comment on the Toolstop Radio Show use #toolstopradio and to discuss anything power tools on Twitter use #DIYtradetips
Mark was joined by one of the Makita training officers, Martin Dunn, and they had a chat about sport and power tools.
- Martin is a Geordie, although he doesn't sound like it!
- the guys chat about Newcastle United's incredible run of wins this season and the elevated position they're enjoying right now
- do you agree with Martin's idea that getting rid of Joey Barton, Kevin Nolan and Andy Carroll has improved the team spirit at Newcastle?
- they discuss whether the fact that Newcastle United is full of foreign players these days has positively impacted team perfomance
- we learn about the tension in Martin's household football-wise!
- should Newcastle be aiming for top 4 in the Premiership, and would it benefit the team getting into the Champion's League?
- what means more to a Geordie; winning the Champion's Leagure or winning the Premiership?
- who'll go down this season? The guys discuss
- is getting rid of a manager as soon as the team struggles a good idea or not?
- how does Martin feel about St James' Park being renamed?
- finally, Rangers beat Celtic at Ibrox to prevent the East-end team winning the season title on their arch enemy's ground
- the guys discuss Makita's strategy of putting 10.8v li-ion batteries into more and more tools
- who are tools like the JR100 and JR1002 10.8v li-ion recip saws aimed at? Watch out for video demonstrating how to use these recips saw on the job site coming soon on Toolstop TV
- could using 10.8v li-ion powered tools ever replace using heavier 18v li-ion tools?
- if you're a kitchen fitter could Makita's 10.8v power tools be your saviour?
- is cutting out a hole in worktop for a sink using the Makita JV100 jigsaw possible?
- what tools are we likely to see Makita putting lithium-ion batteries in soon?
- watch out from some Makita anniversary tools, plus some tools Makita are brining to market to fill some very important gaps!
We'd love to hear from you, so if you've got any comments, criticisms or questions, let us know in the comments, or on Twitter using the hashtags above.
blog comments powered by Disqus