No one likes having to deal with so-called “hard to reach” areas, whether it’s inside a pipe, under flooring or inside an engine block.
That’s where having a professional-grade inspection camera comes in, a device that’ll make your life easier, giving you clear, crisp photos and videos that are shareable. To that end, we’re delighted to introduce the Bosch GIC 120 C Professional Inspection Camera – shop now!
The inclusion of the word “professional” in the product name indicates that the GIC 120 C should have the spec, features and resultant benefits that’ll satisfy the requirements of any professional.
So how does it stack up?
Bosch has been making inspection cameras for ages, and with this latest iteration, we have some obvious key benefits for professionals.
Share this article with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Google+
- “Up is Up”™. Twisting and turning the camera through pipes and under flooring can result in a disorientating experience when you’re viewing the images on the 3.5″ screen. However, Bosch’s new Up is Up feature allows you, by a press of a button, to make sure the images are rotated at exactly the correct angle for viewing
- Quick Connector. This serves two distinct purposes. Firstly, it allows you to safely unplug the camera cable from the device making it easy to pack the device up. Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, you can quickly swap out the supplied 120cm cable for one up to 3m in length. And Bosch assures us that even longer cables will be available to have in your kit in due course
- Compact Housing. Bosch has trimmed down the housing on the new GIC 120 C to allow you even better in-hand ergonomics. Professionals who need their “eyes” to be in confined spaces want to know that the camera they’re using will feel great in the hand and the GIC 120 C is perfect for this, giving you the best handling in all situations
- 3 Stage LED Light. Few things are more frustrating when using an inspection camera than not being able to clearly see what the camera sees. Via one button the GIC 120 C allows you to cycle through 3 levels of brightness so that even the darkest, murkiest areas will be well-illuminated thank to the LED light fitted to the supplied 8.5mm camera head
- Supplied Kit. The ability to see inside those “hard to reach” places is one thing, but being able to do something about it is another. The GIC 120 C comes with a hook, a mirror and a magnet, ideal for retrieving lost screws inside an engine block, for example!
- Power options. There are 2 options for powering your new GIC 120 C professional. You can choose between the 10.8v lithium-ion model which comes supplied with a 1.5Ah Bosch battery, bundled up in an L-Boxx. Or you can go for the version that is powered by 4 AA batteries, and comes with an L-Boxx inlay. Ideal if you’re already using Bosch’s 10.8v battery platform
- USB Link. The GIC 120 C Professional allows you to capture photo and video footage of whatever the camera sees. Via the supplied USB cable you can quickly transfer these over to your computer for use in any reports or client invoices you need to send
All in all, we’re impressed with this new and improved camera from Bosch. It has all we’d expect from a professional-class inspection tool, but we’d love to hear what you think. Let us know in the comments section below.