Its the start of a new decade, and with that comes the launch of some brand new products. From impact drivers to ratchet wrenches, 2020 is the year for great tools!
Makita is set to launch around 16 new products in January 2020. Suited to both the professional and DIY enthusiast, they really do have something for everyone. Power tools, garden tools, dust extractors and even heated blankets are only to name a few, with a vast selection of accessories also available. See below some of the main features of our favourites set to launch later this month:
DMR115 DAB/DAB+ Job Site Radio (with Bluetooth) – A digital job site radio with 2 stereo speakers and a subwoofer to provide powerful sound, this is well and truly the “all-in-one” you’ve been waiting for. The dual power source allows it to be used anywhere at any time. A true state of the art job site radio, so you can always have your favourite tunes at the click of a button. The antenna is stored inside the handle of the radio rather than sticking out the body, eliminating the risk of breakage. There are 6 selectable sound modes to suit the music genre, with LED colour indicating lights. Other features (only to name a few) include:
- Dual power source: AC or Makita LXT and CXT batteries
- Elastomer bumpers protect against rough handling on a job site
- IP65 rated dust and shower-proof construction
- Capable of receiving DAB/DAB+ Radio Stations
- Equipped with Bluetooth version 5.0 (class 2) to wirelessly connect your mobile device for playing music with an optimum range of 10m
- The USB port allows for charging a mobile device
- High-quality sound woofer: located on the bottom to provide a deeper and richer bass sound
DRV150Z LXT Brushless Rivet Gun – Finally, a cordless rivet gun from Makita! This sought upon product is finally due to launch. Once a rivet is installed, it is held in place and will not drop out even when the tool is directed downwards. Its brushless motor provides maximum power output for the most demanding tasks and it has a transparent container to collect the rivet mandrels. Other features include:
- Electric brake
- LED job light
- Compatible with various sizes of blind rivets: A wide range of nose pieces and jaw pushers allow for tightening various sizes of blind rivets
- Rivet holding mechanism: Once a rivet is installed, it is held in place and will not drop out even when the tool is directed downward.
- Transparent container for spent mandrels
- High speed tightening
DUP362Z 18Vx2 LXT Pruning Shears – Powered by two 18V Li-ion batteries in series to supply energy to the powerful 36V DC motor drive system, these extra sharp pruning shears are ideal for the most demanding gardening tasks. Features include:
- Higher Torque for increased cutting performance compared with DUP361
- 2-stage blade opening adjustment according to the size of the branch
- The blade can be interlocked with the trigger, providing smooth blade movement similar to that of hand pruner
- Armband and cord holder to prevent the connection cord from dangling around the user’s body, and from getting caught on branches
- Electronic current limiter for overload protection.
- High cutting efficiency
- Comfortable backpack harness
WUT02 Wireless Unit Adaptor – In recent years, Makita has been criticised for not offering a Bluetooth compatible M-Class dust extractor, which many other brands do. Look no further! The WUT02 uses AWS (Automatic Start Wireless System) to enable the wireless connection of AWS vacuum cleaners to compatible cordless tools. Intelligent communication between tools increases productivity and reduces noise. This model can be hooked up to many different power tools including Jigsaws, Planers etc.
This is only to name a few. Makita is launching many new products this year as well as accessories to go along with them. Be sure to follow us on social media for regular updates on when these tools become available to purchase at Toolstop!
Which are you most excited for? Let us know your favourite in the comments