For extreme versatility, choose The Dormer E500M10NO2 HSS Coarse Tap Straight Flute
Dormer E500 straight flute taps are the only type of taps that can be used by hand but they can also be used in a machine if required. This product is extremely versatile. This tap can be used to tap through or blind holes in most materials. When tapping blind holes straight flute taps should be used in sets. The three taps which form a set are known by more than one name: 1- Taper or first tap, 2- Second or intermediate tap, 3- Bottoming, third or plug tap.
- Primary for use in handheld applications
- Straight flute designed for threading both through or blind holes
- High-Speed Steel (HSS) provides good hot hardness when tapping
- Bright finish helps prevent built-up-edge when tapping sticky materials
- Size: M10 x 1.50mm
- Tolerance: Class 2 for 6H Fit