The UK distibutor for Scheppach Power Tools is NMA and as such their warranty info is below:
Manufacturers Standard 1 Year Product Warranty.
In accordance with the terms and conditions of and except as excluded or disclaimed in this document, NMA warrants that the Goods, at Delivery and for a period of no less than 365 days (Warranty Period), will conform to NMA’s published Product specifications and be free from defects in materials and workmanship.
CUSTOMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY UNDER THIS WARRANTY, AT NMA’S SOLE DISCRETION, IS THE REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF DEFECTIVE PRODUCTS IN A MANNER, AND BY A SERVICE CENTER, AUTHORIZED BY NMA. IF THIS REMEDY IS ADJUDICATED TO BE INSUFFICIENT, NMA SHALL REFUND CUSTOMER’S PAID PURCHASE PRICE AND HAVE NO OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY TO BUYER WHATSOEVER.
(See below for more information relating to Product use and Warranty Terms and Conditions etc. )
NMA 2 Year Structural Warranty.
All NMA Products are covered by a 2 year structural warranty. This warranty guarantees that from date of purchase, the Product will operate according to the stated capacity and specification within the Owners Product Manual, and be fit for purpose according to its stated or intended usage. This warranty period covers the machine body and operational components against distortion, structural failure, operational malfunction, and substandard manufacturing quality, so as to remain fit for purpose within the 2 year warranty period.
Bench Top & Hobby Tools
Low power rating and performance capacity. Light construction and build specification. Limited to single person use for light work in home or garage workshop. Not for commercial use and/or for income generation. Not continuously rated motor.
• Home workshop use only
• Product construction - Light build and Low power
• Light work – One person only
• Annual Usage – 100 hours maximum
• Warranty period - 2 year structural / 1 year electrical
Light Trade Workshop Tools
Medium build quality and construction, medium power rating and performance. Solid construction and build specification. Expected use by 1 – 3 persons in home workshop, light trade or small business, schools & college workshops. Capable of some rough handling and heavier workloads, odd site work expected with some limited heavy work periods. Not for commercial use and/or income generation. Not continuously rated motor.
• Joinery workshop, Education, Site
• Product construction – Solid build and medium power
• Medium work - 1 to 3 users
• Annual use – 500 hours maximum
• Warranty period - 2 year structural / 1 year electrical
Heavy build quality and construction, high power rating and professional performance. Suitable for heavier work periods and some limited continuous use. Considered suitable for use by multiple users and an essential tool for income generation.
• Medium Production workshops
• Product construction – Heavy professional build and high power
• Heavy work – 4 + users
• Annual Use – 1000 hours maximum
• Warranty period – 4 year structural / 1 year electrical
WARRANTY RETURN, REPAIR AND REPLACEMENT.
As the appointed sole Importer and UK Distributor of Scheppach machine tools, it is the aim of NMA Agencies Ltd to try and ensure that all Scheppach tools meet the expected level of performance and that NMA customers are entirely satisfied with their purchase. If and when a product does not measure up to the expected build quality or performance standard, NMA will ensure to handle all legitimate warranty claims so that the customers’ machine is returned in good working order in the shortest time and most cost effective way possible.
To be eligible for warranty repair or replacement, the Customer must notify NMA within thirty (30) days of discovering of any apparent defect in materials or workmanship. Before Customer may return a Product for warranty service or repair, Customer must first obtain a returned material authorization (RMA) number from NMA. To obtain the RMA number Owner must provide an original proof of purchase. For additional information, to notify NMA of an apparent defect in materials or workmanship, or to request an RMA number, visit http://www.NMAUK.com/cs/warranty/. Customer is solely responsible for complying with all RMA instructions provided by NMA including but not limited to adequately packaging the Product for shipment to NMA and for all packaging and shipping costs. NMA will pay for returning to Customer any Product that NMA repairs or replaces under warranty. NMA reserves the right to determine, in its sole discretion, whether a returned Product is covered under warranty. If NMA determines that any returned Product is not covered under warranty or is otherwise excluded from warranty coverage, NMA may charge Customer a reasonable handling fee and return the Product to Customer, at Customer’s expense, or offer Customer the option of handling the Product as a non‐warranty return.
Where a warranty claim is made and upon inspection determined as legitimate, NMA engineers will carry out all any necessary repairs according to NMA warranty terms and conditions, and the Product returned to the customer. Where a Product repair is deemed as non-viable and un-economical to repair, the customer will be sent a like for like replacement Product or equal specification, quality, and condition. In the circumstance that this is not possible for whatever reason, the Customer will receive from NMA the offer of a Product upgrade not less in size, performance, specification, quality, or value to the Customers Product; or in the event that a replacement Product is unsatisfactory or does not meet the needs of the Customer, the Customer will be made the offer of a full refund equal in value of the returned faulty Product. NMA shall not be liable for the warranty repair, supply of replacement, or of any missing or broken part for any tool which NMA has not supplied.
Warranty Terms, Conditions, & Exclusions.
In accordance with valid product liability laws, NMA Agencies Ltd will not be liable or responsible for any warranty claim where an NMA Product has failed and ceased to operate as normal inside the Manufacturers standard 1 year warranty period, resulting from the Customer altering the Product, modifying the Product, or changing any part of the Product which results in the Product’s failure to perform or operate as normal.
The following exclusions apply and where found will automatically invalidate the Manufacturer’s Standard Warranty Period
- Machine breakdown, part or product failure due to the misuse, or overuse of the product beyond the expected, or intended usage for the product type.
- All moving or wearing parts including, bearings, drive belts, plastic guards, knobs, levers, hand wheels, blade guides, knives and sawblades etc, or any component that would ordinarily wear or break as a result of normal use.
- Any structural damage or breakages to machine parts and components resulting from transport damage incurred by any agent other than NMA’s own transport carriers.
- Improper care or handling of the machine, upon or after receipt of the goods.
- Damage incurred through improper electrical installation, or through incorrect electrical supply.
- Any and all damage incurred through non-compliance of Scheppach standard operating instructions from receipt of goods, mishandling during machine assembly, general maintenance, or damage resulting from incorrect operational procedure and misuse.
- Damage resulting from incorrect installation, or from using of any non-authorised Scheppach parts or accessories, including any modifications that may alter the operational and working integrity of the original product as first supplied. .
- Any repairs, maintenance, service, or otherwise carried out by any unauthorised persons without prior consent given by our own NMA service manager or technical engineers.
- All claims for repair or replacement of worn machine parts resulting from failure to install or use adequate dust extraction where necessary.
- Motors, switches, electrical components, bearings etc. are classed as moving, or wearing parts and are covered by a 1 year warranty only.
- Drive belts, bushes, sawblades, band saw blades, filters, plastic guards and knobs, and all other components which are subject to wearing out or breakage under normal working conditions are excluded. Any and all such wearing parts are not covered by Scheppach standard warranty, and such replacement items are chargeable under all circumstances.
Customer may request that NMA evaluate and service or repair an NMA Product not covered under warranty, which NMA may agree to do in its sole discretion. Before Customer returns a Product for non‐warranty evaluation and repair, Customer must contact their Supplier to request an evaluation and obtain a returned material authorisation (RMA) from NMA. Customer is solely responsible for complying with all RMA instructions provided by NMA including but not limited to adequately packaging the Product for shipment to NMA and for all packaging and shipping costs. Upon receipt of an authorized non‐warranty return, NMA will evaluate the Product and contact Customer regarding the feasibility of and the costs and fees associated with Customer’s request. Customer shall be responsible for the reasonable cost of NMA’s evaluation, for the cost of any repairs or services authorized by Customer, and for the cost of repackaging and returning the Product to Customer. Any non‐warranty repair of a Product is warranted for one hundred eighty (180) days from the date of return shipment by NMA to be free from defects in materials and workmanship only, subject to all of the limitations, exclusions and disclaimers in this document. Any Product returned to NMA under the terms of RMA which is subsequently not claimed, or work undertaken then not paid for within a period of 90 days; NMA will deem that the Product is not wanted and at NMA’s discretion will be either sold to recover cost of parts and repair work carried out, broken down for spare parts, or scrapped.