Irwin 1ZR Mechanics Vice No1 3 Inch / 75mm
The Irwin 1ZR is rigid and robust. The body and sliding jaw are cast from close grained grey iron which is machined on all friction surfaces for a smooth, reliable action. The jaws, handle and main screw are steel, the latter having a two-start rolled acme thread to speed the jaws from fully closed to fully open with a minimum of winding. The mechanics’ vice is the most commonly used vice in the record range. A full line of replacement parts are available.
- Close grained grey iron body and sliding jaw cast then machined on all friction surfaces for a smooth, reliable action
- Safety stop prevents the slide from being separated from the body
- Hardened steel jaws extend the life of the jaws and are replaceable
- Unbreakable S.G. iron nut can be replaced when worn
- Fused steel handle will bend before the vice can be overstressed
- Twin start acme cold-rolled thread for faster and smoother operation