We love putting power tools in the hands of tradespeople, so it was a pleasure to welcome (Tom Alfry (@gotwood83) to the DeWalt training centre earlier this year. We handed him a DeWalt DW331KT heavy duty jigsaw, with top handle, and asked him to have a play around with it. The video is at the bottom of the page.
What about the spec and features of the DW331KT?
As Tom and Neil noted in the video, this jigsaw has been designed and engineered by DeWalt to withstand the rigours of the job site. How do we know? This list should provide the answer:
- Tool-free adjustable shoe with anti scratch cover bevels to 45 degrees in both directions
- Full wave electronic speed control with feedback ensures that blade speed is maintained under any load for a consistent finish across all materials
- Tapered saw blade roller to control blade deflection at maximum depth of cut
In terms of motor speed, DW331KT’s 701 Watt motor will output up to 3100 strokes per minute, plenty of speed and power to handle even the toughest materials.
In fact, you’ll be able to cut up to 135mm into wood and 12mm into steel.
DeWalt ship the DW331KT with the following in the box:
- Jigsaw blade
- Anti-scratch cover
- Anti-splinter insert
- Dust extraction adapter
- Heavy duty carrying case
What Else Do You Need to Know About?
1. Quick release blade change. If you’ve ever touched a jigsaw blade after finishing a cut, you’ll know how important this feature is. The DW331KT accepts T-shank blades and is also compatible with DEWALT flush cutting blade DT2074, for cutting flush to an edge
2. Four stage orbital or pendulum action. This allows you to fine-tune the cutting action of the blade depending on what you’re cutting. For full details on pendulum/orbital action on jigsaws, refer to our guide here.
How Does it Perform and What Did Tom Have to Say?
We’d love to know what you think about this great jigsaw from DeWalt. It’s really easy to give us your feedback or to ask any question about any of the tools we write about. Simply use the comments section below! And be sure to use our SHARE buttons.